SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Vacation In Homes – The Hollows Vacation Rentals Manager and said Guest as of the date set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
Check in time on day arrival is 3:00 P.M.
Check out time on day departure is 11:00 A.M.
Property: The property address is located on the Booking Confirmation.
The Beach Club and all swimming facilities. trails, picnic areas, marina, restaurant/bar (hours may vary), Hill Top Smokehouse & play areas remain open year round.
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to number persons listed on your confirmation.
Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules (see attached) at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
Access: Guest shall allow Manager to access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
Rental Rate and Fees listed on the confirmation document.
Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit and rents will be refunded as follows:
100% if cancelled 30 days or more prior to Check in Date.
50% if cancelled less than 30 days prior to the Check in Date
Travel Insurance: Because Owner is not able to make refunds that are different from the Cancellation Policy, it is highly recommended that you make arrangements for Travel Insurance that could reimburse you if you need to cancel your trip. Please call Rental Guardian to purchase travel protection insurance. Rental Guardian 888-885-5550
www.rentalguardian.com (you can also purchase via our website.)
Renter Responsibility upon departure is to:
- Place trash in outside trash bins/receptacles
- Start dishwasher Payment: Preferred payment method is by online credit card and we do accept personal checks.
People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
No trash is to be left outside the cottage. Please dispose of trash in the container provided by the garage. We recycle. Recyclable material can be placed in the BLUE recycling container by the garage or outside trash bins/receptacles. Trash bins/receptacles for Villas are located in the parking lots.
Only use appliances for their intended uses
PETS are permitted only with prior approval and only in Pet Friendly designated properties.
Parking: Parking is limited to 2, 3, or 4 (Depends on Property – see Manager) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the street is not allowed. Parking may also be available in designated parking spaces. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage. Normal house cleaning is included in the “cleaning fee.” An additional cleaning fee can be charged for cleaning beyond normal.
Fireplace and Fire Pits: OUTDOOR FIRE PITS & SMOKER CANNOT BE USED AT ANYTIME DURING BURN BANS. The fireplace is vented and the flue must be opened. The propane gas is not to be used. We use the fireplace and fire pit the old fashion way with wood logs and by starting with paper. Gathering of wood is not permitted anywhere on the property. The burning of cedar is extremely dangerous. Never use cedar wood in the fireplace or the fire pit.
Sewer/Septic: Some units have their own sewer lift pump. The sewer system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that any other products have been flushed and clog the system, you will be charged damages of up to $2,800 for a new pump.
Storms: No refunds will be given due to storms, rain, or snow. Yes, it can snow in the Texas Hill Country, just not often.
No fireworks at any timeIf the premises appears dirty of damaged upon Check-In, Guest shall inform the Property Manager immediately.
Hollows Pool Rules: Conduct at the pools must be such as to furnish the greatest pleasure for the greatest number. Please review the rules below as well as any additional rules that may be posted from time to time at the pools. The staff has complete authority to enforce all swimming pool regulations. The cooperation of all is requested.
- All permitees may be required to present passkeys and register upon entering the pool areas.
- Use of the pool facilities is at the user's own risk.
- Children under fourteen (14) years of age are permitted to use the pool facilities only if accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Floatation devices are permitted for non-swimming children up to five (5) years of age. Any non-swimming children must be accompanied in the water by their parent or adult guardian.
- Children must be properly attired and may not wear diapers while in the pools.
- All swimmers must wear bona fide swimming attire. Cutoffs, jeans, and other forms of shorts are not considered appropriate swimwear.
- The Club is under no obligation to provide lifeguards.
- Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in suspension of use privileges.
- Running, ball playing and noisy or hazardous activities are not permitted in the pool areas. Pushing, dunking and dangerous games are not permitted.
- The throwing of balls, Frisbees, wet clothes, etc. is not permitted.
- Radios may only be used with earphones.
- Saving of chairs for persons absent from the pool areas is not permitted.
- All persons using the pool furniture are required to cover the furniture with a towel when using suntan lotions.
- Glass objects, drinking glasses, beverage coolers and sharp objects are not permitted in the pool areas.
- Food is permitted only in the designated sections of the pool areas.
- All persons using the pool areas are urged to cooperate in keeping the area clean by properly disposing of towels, cans, etc.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products is not permitted within the gates of the Beach Club.The following are NOT PERMITTED to be brought INTO the Beach Club Area: "PETS and ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES"
Rules and Regulations
- All exercise activities will be conducted at the user's own risk.
- The exercise facilities are constantly changing to meet the changing needs of today's health and fitness. Accordingly, please review and obey all rules that may be posted at the Fitness Center. Additionally, please review and follow all instructions that may be posted before using a particular piece of equipment to minimize the chance of injury.
- Beverages in plastic, non-spill containers are permitted in the Fitness Center: ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FOOD, CHEWING GUM AND GLASS BOTTLES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- Use of the cardiovascular equipment is limited to twenty (20) minutes when others are waiting.
- Please return reading materials provided for use by the Club to magazine racks after use.
- Return all cardiovascular equipment to zero speed and elevation (where applicable) after use. Do not exit a treadmill with the belt still moving, or step onto a treadmill with a moving belt.
- Perform weightlifting exercises properly, safely, and under control at all times. Please do not drop or slam weights. All weight machines must be returned to zero after use.
- Please dry off each piece of equipment or weight bench after use.
- As a courtesy, please return all dumbbells, weights plates, and handles to racks after use.
- When performing more than one set on weight equipment, allow others to "work in" between your sets.
- No equipment (i.e., dumbbells, physio balls, stretching mates, etc.) in the Fitness Center may be taken to other parts of the Club facilities.
- Please comply with any request made or instruction provided by the staff at the Fitness Center.
- Children under eleven are not permitted in the Fitness Center at any time.
- Teenagers (12-15) must be accompanied by an adult when using the equipment.
- Shirts and appropriate gym attire is required. Rubber sole shoes must be worn. Shoes must cover entire foot.
- Bathing suits, flip flops, strollers, and baby carriers are not permitted.
Rules and Regulations
The Hollows POA would like to welcome our owners and guests to the Hilltop Smokehouse. We hope you have a great time. We request that you read and follow the rules noted below while using the facility.Use of the facility is on a first come first serve basis, unless prior arrangements are made to reserve the facility by contacting the Hollows POA Office at least 7 days in advance.
- No loud music is allowed due to surrounding homes. Please be considerate of the neighbors.
- No vehicles shall block any driveways or park directly in front of any home and parking must be in designated areas.
- No open fires are allowed except in fireplace. Please note at times a County Burn Ban maybe in effect and not fires will be allowed -- THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. Fireplace screen must be in place and fires should be extinguished BEFORE leaving the area.
- All trash MUST be removed after your use.
- Remove all food products from the grills after use. Insure grills are turned OFF.
- Do not pour grease and/or other substance that can stop up the drain down sink or flush in toilets.
- All lights should be turned off after your use.
- Please report any damage and/or issues to Warren Wright at 512-740-9665 or 512-567-9856. THANK YOU.
The Hollows POA
In order to ensure compliance with the use Restrictions of the Declaration by persons renting a residential unit at the Hollows, and to ensure that such rentals do not negatively affect the enjoyment of the Community by Owners and their guests, the Association hereby adopts the following conditions to be placed on the rental of any residential unit, including homes, casita, cottages and condominiums (each a "Unit") in the Hollows:Definitions. Except as otherwise defined herein, all capitalized terms shall have the same meaning as contained in the Declaration.
- Short term rental: continuous rental of a Unit for 30 or fewer days to the same person or persons. The following properties may not be rented Short term. The Marina Villas Condos and all Casita within the Northshore Phase 1.
- Long term rental: continuous rental of a Unit for 31 or more days to the same person or persons.
- Declaration: The Amended and Restated Declaration of Covenants, conditions and Restrictions for the Hollows, as amended from time to time.
- Use Restrictions: The Initial Use Restrictions contained in the Declaration at Exhibit C, as amended from time to time.
Note: in accordance with the provisions of the Declaration, any Owner/Agent intending to lease their Unit on a long term basis must provide the Association with information about the tenant. See Section 3.1(b) of the Declaration for additional requirement regarding long term rentals.
- Maximum Occupancy. An Owner shall ensure that any short term or long term rental does not exceed the maximum occupancy for the Owner's Unit. Maximum occupancy of a unit is determined by multiplying the number of bedrooms contained in the Unit by 2, plus an additional 2 for each full sized pull out sofa in a Unit.
- Example: Unit ABC has 3 bedrooms and a pull out coach. Maximum capacity would be 8 people - (3 bedrooms x 2) + 2 = 8
- Minimum Age to Rent. Any person renting a Unit at the Hollows must be at least 25 years of age.
- Terms of Rental. Any rental agreement between an Owner and a renter must specify that (a) the Unit is subject to the Use Restrictions of the Declaration, and (b) use of the Hollows Club facilities is subject to compliance with the Club's Rules and Regulations, which includes delivering a signed copy of a Release and Indemnification Agreement to the Association An Owner shall make available in the Unit a copy of the Use Restrictions in a prominent location.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations. Any Owner offering their Unit for short term or long term rental must comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing rentals, including without limitation, the collection and/or payment of any applicable federal, state, regional or local taxes (City of Jonestown or City of Lago Vista), registrations or fees. All Agents/Owners that rent out a unit less than 30 days must charge, collect and pay the "Hotel Occupancy Tax" of 13% to the appropriate agency. The tax collected must be reported and paid quarterly to the State at a rate of 6% and City of Jonestown and Lago Vista at a rate of 7% (City of Jonestown TBD and Lago Vista $50 one time short term registration fee). Failure to charge, collect and pay these taxes and fees can result in penalties, fines and the loss of rental privileges in the Hollows.
- Failure to comply with these conditions will be considered a violation of the Use Restrictions of the Declaration, and subject to the enforcement provisions of the Declaration.Initial Use Restriction for Rental Guests
- To ensure that your guest(s) and Hollows homeowners live in harmony, the rental use restrictions below have been established. These rules are in accordance with the Hollows POA Declaration of CC&R's and Use Restrictions (Exhibit C).
- All additional vehicles must park in overflow on each street.
- Each rental unit vehicle should be registered with the Hollows POA and provided a "Rental Unit Vehicle Registration" (Exhibit B) to be placed on the front dashboard for the duration of the stay.
No boats or trailers can be parked in driveways or streets. Boats/trailers must be moved and stored at the boat trailer storage area (located on Old Burnet Rd. gate code obtained from Owner/Agent) by 9AM.Outdoor Activities Dirt bikes, golf carts, and ATV's must be ridden on trails only (note - golf carts may be ridden on the streets in the gated Northshore sections in order to reach a trail). No off road riding is permitted. Violators will be charged for trespassing. Bicycles may be ridden on any street and/or trail. Pedestrians have the right-of-way on all trails.
The use of fire pits is STRICTLY PROHIBITED during any "Burn Ban" restriction period. Signs will be placed at various points in the Hollows when a burn ban is in effect.
Renter units with fire pits MUST be propane fueled with ember prevention logs. Do not burn wood, leaves or other debris. Renter units with fire pits that are not propane fueled are NOT to be used.
Club Use: Club hours are 6 AM to 10 PM daily.
Lower pool spa is heated Friday-Sunday during the fall and winter weekends and for special hours for fall and winter holidays.
No outside alcohol is allowed on any part of the Beach Club property, this includes the pool/restaurant/workout room gated area, parking lot and playground/volleyball/horseshoe pit and amphitheater areas.